Monday, April 7, 2014

Not Actually Dead

image
My RSS reader said I am dead. Well, not me actually, but it said my blog was dead. "Dead feed" I believe was the phrase. What a gossip. 

I'm not dead, actually I've been taking milk baths, which are so freaking great I think they may be the literal opposite of death. This endless horror show of a winter left my skin feeling really gross, and then I read about milk baths. Basically milk contains lactic acid which is an alpha hydroxy that gently dissolves the protein glue that holds dead cells to your skin in a gross sounding but totally glamorous feeling process.

And the good news is they couldn't be easier, just pour some damn milk in your bath. I get whole milk and pour about half a gallon at a time into a bath of warm water. You don't want it to be hot because even though it feels great, hot water will dry your skin out. Some companies sell fancy milk bath soaks, but you don't need that. Just use the real stuff. I read somewhere that vegans can swap for coconut or almond milk but I am skeptical. Those won't have the lactic acid you want, so you'll basically just be soaking in coconut and or almonds (which may have its own benefits though, so make your own choices I guess).

So, to sum up:
  • Things that are dead: the old blog
  • Things that are alive: this new blog
Hopefully this one will stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment