Thursday, May 8, 2014

Almond Cranberry Trail Mix Recipe

Am I the only person who eats everything out of a mug. Like everything. Trail mix, ice cream, gin & tonics...

Alternate title: Everything I Had In My Cabinet Trail Mix. Truthfully, this mix was just an attempt to use up odds and ends in a snack, but it turned out so well I've been making it for a month now. This trail mix is really well balanced with salty and sweet, crunchy and soft bits. Plus it has no grains or added sugar, if you care about things like that. And if you don't, well then it still just tastes really good.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups raw almonds
  • 1 bag (about 7oz) of roasted and salted pepitas
  • 8oz dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 cup cacao nibs (optional) 
 

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir or dump them into a container and shake. And you're done. Really the above quantities are just an estimate. Obviously you can use more or less if you'd like, and add or subtract whatever you want (my boyfriend adds raw cashews). A note about the coconut: those flakes are really tiny and tend to settle on the bottom of the mix, so be sure you shake it well before eating.

Hey, Chicago people, don't forget to sign up for Etsy Craft Party 2014. Join me for a free night of fun and crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Come back to Memphis soon! @vellumvixen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I'm trying to post more, I just need to get a bit more organized! Come visit Chicago too!

      Delete